Negotiations Update - May 9, 2013
Your negotiations team met at the District Office at 8:00 A.M. on Wednesday, May 8 for fact finding. Both fact finding teams presented their binders of information supporting their positions to a three-member panel. The panel was comprised of one individual representing the district, one individual representing PRPE, and one neutral representative. After presenting, we separated and the neutral party began mediating with the two representatives. At 2:30 A.M., May 9 (18 ½ hours of mediation) we were unable to reach a settlement that, we thought, would be ratified at that time.
We were instructed to return to the table at 10:00 A.M. later that same morning on May 9. After 3 ½ hours, we reached a Tentative Agreement which will be placed in your boxes. We will answer any questions you have about the agreement. We recommend you vote to ratify this agreement. You will be asked to vote for ratification on May 20, 21, and 22, after having a week to study the TA. Please get your ballots to your reps by Wednesday, May 22 at 3:00 P.M. The reps will count the votes and submit a total to Samantha Brossette (PRPE’s Corresponding Secretary) by 4:00 P.M. on May 22.
Our thanks to all participants and the panel members, John Moseley (chair), Ron Bennett, and Terry Welborn (CTA Primary Contact Staff). A huge THANK YOU to all of you for your support and commitment to our profession and the negotiations team.
An Open Letter to the PRJUSD School Board
Why I Have No Confidence In Superintendent McNamara March 2013
On March 6, 2013 the Paso Robles Joint Unified School Board issued an open letter that included the statement, “Both teachers and classified have responded to our year of progress and our proposals by voting to give our Superintendent, Dr. Kathleen McNamara, votes of no-confidence. To blame the budget and program cuts the district has been forced to make on any one individual is intellectually dishonest. The real blame and focus for the budget cuts should be on the tens of millions of dollars of state funding reductions that our district has suffered the past five years.”
This statement shows the depth of misunderstanding by the school board related to the crisis of leadership in our district.
PRPE Executive Director’s Report - March 2013
3/4/13 - I met with a teacher and administrator about an issue. I attended the regular monthly meeting of the PRPE Executive Board and Site representative Council.
PRPE Executive Director’s Report - February 2013
2/1/13 – I met with a teacher and administrators about an issue. I attended the PRJUSD Town Hall meeting about the budget with the superintendent, school board members, teachers, employees, parents and community members.
- February 12 Bargaining Report
- PRPE Executive Director's Report - January 2013
- PRPE Executive Director's Report - December 2012
- PRPE Executive Director’s Report - November 2012
- PRPE Executive Director's Report - October 2012
- PRPE Executive Director’s Report - September 2012
- PRPE Executive Director's Report - July/August 2012
- President's Report - June 2012
- Presidents Report - May 2012
- A Letter to Parents
- PRPE President's Message - May 2012
- President's Report - April 2012
- Paso Robles Public Educators Ratify March 12, 2012 Tentative Agreement with PRJUSD
- Negotiations Update
- Negotiations Update
- President's Report - February 2012
- How did we get here?
- Teachers Must Suffer!
- PRPE General Meeting 2/27 @ 3:30 pm
- President's Report - January 2012
- An Open Letter to PRJUSD Trustees
- PRPE Negotiations Update 1/27/2012
- President's Report - December 2011
- President's Message - December 2011
- President's Report - November 2011